Tempo de leitura: menos de 1 minuto
Sometimes the only sense you can make out of life is a sense of humour.
The ability to understand or judge something. Some very common expressions are –
- A sense of humour (= the ability to find things funny or make people laugh).
- A (good) sense of direction (= the ability to find the way to a place easily).
- A sense of rhythm (= the ability to move in time to a fixed beat).
- A sense of timing (= the skill of doing something at exactly the right time).
- Dress sense (= to know which clothes look attractive).
- Road sense (= the ability to drive or walk carefully and safely through traffic).
- Common sense (= the ability to make good judgments and behave in a practical and sensible way).
Referência: “Gems of Wisdom – Inspirational Messages to Enhance the Quality of Your Life and Improve Your English” de Jack Scholes – Disal Editora, 2007. Leia a resenha. Adquira seu exemplar na Disal ou no Submarino.