Tempo de leitura: menos de 1 minuto
Happiness is as a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond your grasp, but which if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
To land (formal)
SYN – grip
1. A strong hold of somebody or something.
- He shook my hand with a very firm grasp.
2. A person’s understanding of a subject, especially something difficult or complicated.
- I have a good grasp of English grammar, but my grasp of quantum physics is very limited.
3. The ability to get or achieve something.
- Peace is now within our grasp (= it seems possible).
OPP – BEYOND THE GRASP OF
- The presidency is beyond his grasp (= it is impossible to get).