Tempo de leitura: menos de 1 minuto
Mark G. Nash e Willians Ramos Ferreira
The teacher, knowing how precious some of these stories could become, asked the girl to describe the incident.
‘Well’, she began, ‘I was in the back yard with my kitty and the Rottweiler that lives next door got a running start and before we knew it, he jumped over the fence into our yard!’
‘That must’ve been scary,’ said the teacher.
‘It sure was‘, said the little girl. ‘My kitty raised her back, went Sssss, Sssss, Sssss and before she could say ‘Shit!’, the Rottweiler ate her!’
- stutter > gagueira
- 4th grade students > alunos da 4a. série
- animals that stutter > animais que gaguejam
- kitty-cat > gatinha
- got a running start > saiu em disparada
- before we knew it > numa fração de segundos
- jumped over the fence > pulou por cima da cerca
- that must’ve been scary > deve ter sido assustador
- it sure was > e como foi
- raised her back > empinou-se toda
- went Sssss, Sssss, Sssss > fez Sssss, Sssss, Sssss (imitando o som)
- before she could say ‘Shit!’ > antes que ela pudesse dizer ‘Shit!’ (Merda!)
- the Rottweiler ate her > o Rottweiler a engoliu
Referência: “Sorria, você está praticando inglês!“, de Mark G. Nash e Willians Ramos Ferreira, Disal Editora, 2010. Leia a sinopse.