Tempo de leitura: menos de 1 minuto
A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.
DIFFERENT KINDS OF BOATS AND SHIPS OR VESSELS (FORMAL)
- Cargo ship / freighter
- A large fishing boat that pulls a wide, cone shaped net through the sea to catch fish.
- A large ship that carries passengers long distances and in great comfort.
- Cruise liner / cruise ship
- A liner like a hotel that is used for taking people on holiday tours.
- A large boat that is kept ready to go out to sea and save people in danger, or a smaller boat that is kept on a ship and is used by people to escape if the ship is in danger of sinking.
- A small, open boat often used to take people to or from a larger boat. If it is made of rubber and inflatable, it is called a rubber dinghy.
- A boat or ship that transports people and sometimes vehicles on short journeys, often as a regular service.
- A vehicle that moves over land or water on a cushion of air, keeping close to the surface.
- A boat with sails and sometimes an engine used for either racing or pleasure.
- A simple, flat boat often made by tying pieces of wood together.